engine replacement

swept

plugs were very black before I replaced them. timing is set at 10 degrees. the cutout happens both in gear and at standstill. I'll check the overboost sensor and wastegate and I'll recheck the tps and afm but those seemed okay. thanks for the replies...this forum is great!

• 4 months later...

I know its been awhile, but I thought I would bring some closure to this thread...my engine was cutting out at 2800 rpm. Turns out I should have paid closer attention to what Bean and V-M said months ago about the overboost pressure switch. Instead I played around intermittently with microswitch setting and TPS settings, trying different ones. In the end it turned out that when I had put the engine in, I got the wiring to the overboost pressure switch and the idle compensating electrovalve reversed (the wiring isn't stock) Simply changing those has made for an engine that runs beautifully. Embarrassing but happy find. After months it gets to be a daily driver again

• 4 weeks later...