Sort of newbie with a 505 auto trans question

Simply put, what trans did they use? I found a couple rusted out 505s for parts and I was looking at a diesel swap for my Jeep. I looked into doing it about 10 years ago, but I had an accident 3 years ago and broke my right shoulder and tore the ligaments in my left leg so a standard trans is no longer possible for me. (The BA 10/5 would've made it an easy swap)

up through the 1985 model year, 505s used the zf 3hp22 automatic transmission (3 speed). starting in 1986 through 1991 (the last year of the 505 in north america), 505s used the zf 4hp22 (4 speed). these zf transmissions were used in many other european cars, including bmws and land rovers.

i know that some of the jeeps of the era used the same manual transmissions as the 505s, but i don't know for sure which automatic they used. my guess would be something domestic, ford or gm, which would mean you'd need a custom bell housing (at minimum) to use a 505 zf auto on your jeep...

did some googling, found this...

andré