Wanted 3-speed Auto Trans

alsevi

Looking for a 3-speed automatic for a 81 505 turbo diesel, or some advice. It is no reverse but pulls normal forward and shifts. Bought as a trailer it home car and it came to life, then tried to back out of the garage. I guess I will tear it down to look. Any ideas. Pickup maybe, Al, West Paducah, KY.

Welcome to the forum Al!

There was a recent discussion on the 3sp auto on the yahoo list in which Mike Aube made some suggestions to another owner of a 3HP auto:

...you need to do another fluid change in your transmission as more dirt will have come out of the torque converter and lodged in the pan and to remove the tailshaft and clean out the governor which is sticking ( doesnt need much dirt ) and your transmission will shift normally after that. You may have to do it more than once.

Mike Aube

www.gaauto.ca

G & A Auto

12343 County RD 18

PO BX 37

Williamsburg, Ontario

Canada, K0C 2H0

(613) 535-2048

Tyler had similar shifting issues, but this might not help a loss of third gear. I would recommend joining the Peugeot-L Yahoo group and searching there or even just post the question:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/peugeot-L/info

Rabin

Dave, thanks for the post. ZF 3HP 22 is the transmission. I expect the applicability is OK and I am checking. I will be in Lebanon, NJ next week and am periodically. Please send me info [email protected], such as, does it need to be removed, location, known history and price. I have replaced a manual BA 7 and have been humbled by the Peugeot tube. Long term project.

• 1 month later...