FS: N9T Cylinder Head - Rebuilt, Resurfaced, and Ready to Go

Hi All >

I'm probably jinxing myself by doing this, but l'm going to try to recoup some of the expense of resurrecting my '86 505 Turbo by selling one of the two heads I've managed to find. The only reason I'm selling is that I found a rebuilt short block and head that I assume belonged to the same car at one point, and I just like the idea of reuniting them.
For those unfamiliar with the story, I found this head in Toronto, where it had been pulled from a car less than 10,000km after being rebuilt. According to the seller, about $900 was spent repairing cracks and tending to the valves. When I received it, there were some scratches on the mating surface too deep to ignore, so I had it resurfaced. The machine shop also vacuum tested the valves, and they all seated well. The camshaft looks great. Here are several high-resolution photos:
I wouldn't hesitate to use it as is. New head gaskets can be ordered directly from Cometic for about $75, and they can make them in two different thicknesses: 0.043" and 0.059". I would probably use the latter.
I have sunk $500 into acquisition and machining, and I'd like to make that back. I am located in Arlington, Virginia, but I will be attending the Citroen meet this weekend in Saratoga Springs, New York if anyone interested would like to rendezvous there. I'll also be in Michigan next month, and I'd be happy to ship for actual costs. If there are no takers at $500, I plan to put it eBay and let the market decide what it's worth.
Please feel free to give me a call if you're interested.
Sincerely,
Karl Nelson
Arlington, VA

• 1 month later...