1984 505 Turbo Diesel Wagon w/89K orig miles $1000

rickcjmc

1984 505 Turbo Diesel Wagon w/89K orig miles $1000, car is in OK shape, no real rust to speak of except a few spots of surface stuff from sitting. Was a runner and driver but the injection pump was leaking and after replacing it, I am unable to time it. Just time to let it go. Ran like a champ, just leaked fuel. Overall its in good shape. It is located in St Paul Oregon, just 40 miles south of Portland. I can deliver up to 100 miles for a fee. Email me directly at [email protected] . I have a few pictures and can take more for serious buyers only please.

Hi Rick,

Did you make sure to bleed the diesel system after the pump was replaced? I'd bet money that even with the pump timing off, if the system is bled with no leaks, and good glow plugs - the car should still start right up.

Rabin

Hey Rabin,

We did, even verified we had fuel at the injector line into the injectors, but it just wont light off. It was a little hard to start before, but just a few extra cranks to get it running. Maybe glow plugs?!? Really hate to give up on it but if it sits outside again, it will turn into a POS and I hate to see that happen.I have a hot deep cycle battery freshly charged, I will try that today and see if maybe that helps.....

Yup - coul easily be glow plugs. I'd pull them out and test manually direct off the battery for each one. If all 4 are good, re install and manually feed 12v to them for a good 45s before and during cranking.

Rabin