Diesel Owners: Greasecar kits...

Yq397r

Right now on ebay there is an 82' 505 with a greasecar conversion kit (Runs on veggie oil and diesel).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-Turbo-...1QQcmdZViewItem

0c_12.JPG

I researched the greasecar kit a little and it looks like a pretty interesting modification for a diesel powered car or truck. Even though the kit costs $800 I'm sure it would easily pay for itself after a couple months worth of fill ups. Has anyone else worked with or familar with the greasecar vegetable oil kit? I am contemplating getting one for my 83' turbo diesel. My main concern would be will this vegetable oil kit work well with some diesel enigine modifications? I imagine it would, but more information on the subject would be great.

http://www.greasecar.com/

Guest the505inme

The car can still run on pump diesel, that you must use to start and stop the engine. You switch to restaurant waste oil while driving. My freind converted a school bus to veg oil, and drove across canada with it! He got free oil from the truck stop restaurants along the way. (Restaurants usually have to pay to get the oil picked up, so they are glad to give it away) So, his 5000 k+ trip cost him nothing in fuel, and that's getting 10 mpg!

To 'fill up', you have to first run the oil through a series of filters. Then you're off!

And the exaust smells like french fries,

how cool is that!

huh, so how exactley does the fillup process work? dump 15 one gallon drums of veggie oil into the tank? what about roadtrips? :D