Tow Bar attachment

tulaweb

I have only ever used a tow bar on a 505 by removing the bumper and securing the bracket direct to the bumper shock. For the dirt / rallycross 505 I actually removed the bumper shock and replaced it with steel tube that bolted in place instead of the shock, and mounted the bracket to that since we were pulling the car through winter storms and deep snow we didn't want the shock to come apart.

Never had an issue that way - so if you can find a way to secure it to the bumper you should be OK. Just don't fasten it to the bumper itself as I doubt it's strong enough.

I would think that would be fine. I previously thought about using the bumper shock bolt that bolts the shock in right at the front - but it's way too small to trust. The bumper shock bolts there, and then a bigger bolt bolts into the shock - so the shock itself is quite secure.

In my case were were flat towing the car to events - one of which is on a frozen lake so the chances of hitting big drifts and severe tow conditions made me take the extra step. For regular flat towing the bumpers shocks should be plenty strong.

Rabin