`Vacuum controlled unit` linked to accelerator cable close to radiator?

jerro

Hi all, got a question as usual! Anyone know the specifics of the unit shown in the (hopefully) attached picture. Firstly i must ask what is the `exit` pipe at the right of the unit in the picture attached to after it leaves the unit at the back and travels downwards to ?. I followed mine and it appears to connect to a `T` piece.Close to this T piece is an open metal pipe coming out of another `unit` of some kind that if i pump the unit shown in the picture air comes out of this small metal pipe. Should this small metal pipe be open please? Also, what is the setting at the spring that you can see in the picture? Mine came loose and fell off, i put another spring on and doesn`t seem to make any difference to the cars running but should the spring be tight, loose or ?--Thanks as always--Jerro

post-1154-0-68430300-1347753168_thumb.jp

Thanks Rabin, i was wondering why the Pug still ran just the same as always without this functioning when the spring and rod had fallen off the cruise control diaphram! Now i know!--Thanks again---

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing, when i got my 85 the diaphram was just sitting on the valve cover, i need the link to hook it back up to what im assuming the knob on the side on the end of where the throttle control cable hooks up. RABIN youve been the man since i got register on here helpin out, thanks :)