cars and coffee irvine, may 26, 2012

andrethx

went to cars and coffee in irvine this morning, had a nice time. saw many of the same cars, along with some new ones. took a few pics of the cars that interested me. note: typically, when i post pics of other people's cars, i obscure the license plates...that's because those cars, while out in public, were not put on display by their owners. these cars were in a car show...many people displaying cars removed their plates, many did not....lots of people everywhere taking pictures, seems silly to obscure the plates that were visible...

first the french cars:

citroën sm:

IMG_7794.jpg

IMG_7791.jpg

IMG_7797.jpg

IMG_7792.jpg

IMG_7793.jpg

IMG_7795.jpg

citroën 2cv. talked to the owner, nice guy. asked him if the car had been converted to green fluid, he said no, the original owner had imported it from the netherlands as a new car in 1978, and even the 2cv used green fluid by then:

IMG_7807.jpg

IMG_7806.jpg

IMG_7808.jpg

IMG_7809.jpg

rows of 70s porsches in 70s colors, mostly 911s:

IMG_7800.jpg

super-clean 914:

IMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7801.jpg

IMG_7802.jpg

IMG_7803.jpg

IMG_7805.jpg

morgan aero:

IMG_7798.jpg

IMG_7799.jpg

lastly, on the way out i saw a scion fr-s in the parking garage. first one i've seen up close:

IMG_7810.jpg

IMG_7812.jpg

IMG_7811.jpg

andré

Nice - thanks Andre. If you have any more from the event, it would be nice to see them.

The SM is a stunning car. I have always like the quirky placement of interior bits in the Citroens..seeing the stereo in the center console is a classic example. :)

What a shame that quirkiness and uniqueness has disappeared from the car industry.

Paraic

went to cars and coffee in irvine this morning, had a nice time. saw many of the same cars, along with some new ones. took a few pics of the cars that interested me. note: typically, when i post pics of other people's cars, i obscure the license plates...that's because those cars, while out in public, were not put on display by their owners. these cars were in a car show...many people displaying cars removed their plates, many did not....lots of people everywhere taking pictures, seems silly to obscure the plates that were visible...

first the french cars:

citroën sm:

IMG_7794.jpg

IMG_7791.jpg

IMG_7797.jpg