Update -Final chapter -Peugeot 1986 505 2.5 lt TD sedan-cold start smoke

jerro

----######## Got the injector pump advanced a little (the simple method of doing it by ear not the `techno` method) NO MORE SMOKE ON 1st START OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!###########################-- Thanks to all the folk on here with great suggestions and a sympathetic ear for an amateur mechanic and diesel lover.--I still smoke but my Pug has given it up-- :lol:

Great to hear Jerro.

Now I'd like to ask you a favour. :D

Would you be so kind as to take a bunch of detailed pictures of your engine bay? I'm in the process of setting my 86' 505 TD wagon straight and I'd love to see how your engine bay compares to mine.

I'm particularly interested in seeing this transmission harness connector properly connected with hopefully the wires exposed so I can see what yours is like:

DSC_0377.jpg

Heck - if you check out my build thread, if you could take the same pictures that would be most appreciated. I'd like to see how your coolant lines are routed, the coolant line connection on the back of the head, the coolant connections on the lower rad hose etc etc.

Thanks!

Rabin