Nice STX on ebay.

Yq397r

I was searching today for 505 parts and came a cross this beauty! Looks pretty nice, the owner sounds like he as taken real good care of it. Too bad its an automatic has so many freakin miles. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the 2.8L V6 in the STX sedan the same engine used in a Delorean? Might be a good beater or a prospectful project car for any peugeot enthusist.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

82_3.JPG

fe_3.JPG

9f_3.JPG

24_3.JPG

ff_1.JPG

(ha! Gotta love the stuffed lion toy....)

Very nice! I wouldn't worry about the miles if the engine is still in good shape (there's some typical fault with lubrication of the PRV V6 heads which easily leads to worn out cams - if I remember correctly?). It will probably last quite long and after a complete rebuild it would be like new again. I assume that parts for the PRV V6 engine are still easily available (vs. N9T). The price reserve (about $4500?) sounds maybe a little bit high for a car that old but if the condition is as good as I think and the buyer really wants it, then probably something like $2500-3500 would be OK?

Unfortunately we didn't (and don't) have many 505 V6's in Finland and maybe that's the reason why I like that red car. ;-)

• 2 years later...

Very nice! I wouldn't worry about the miles if the engine is still in good shape (there's some typical fault with lubrication of the PRV V6 heads which easily leads to worn out cams - if I remember correctly?). It will probably last quite long and after a complete rebuild it would be like new again. I assume that parts for the PRV V6 engine are still easily available (vs. N9T). The price reserve (about $4500?) sounds maybe a little bit high for a car that old but if the condition is as good as I think and the buyer really wants it, then probably something like $2500-3500 would be OK?

Unfortunately we didn't (and don't) have many 505 V6's in Finland and maybe that's the reason why I like that red car. ;-)

I thought they did suffer from those things if you didnt keep after the oil changes, the passages were easily blocked ?

Im trying to do some research on this engine and other then Turboing one, not much out there.