405 MI16 Crankshaft Pulley

Hi, i just bought a Peugeot 405 mi16 that needed a new serpentine belt. When i went to put the belt on i noticed that i could almost pull off the outer part of the crankshaft pulley. Am I going to need a new one? if so, i have no idea where to go about finding one. I searched the forum, but nothing came up. Any help here would nice. Thanks!

I have this exact problem on my Mi16. It's come separated so it slips when the motor's running. makes nasty sounds :-/

I've been thinking a pick'n'pull run may someday yield one because i'm not paying 300+ dollars for a new one. I haven't been driving the mi16 lately because of this :-(.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats not a bad idea, i'll have to look into a good machine shop in my area.

But, in case i can't find one... would anyone know where i could pick up a new crankshaft pulley? They only one i've found was from a guy in england and it was about $280 and the pull-a-part here doesn't ever have peugeots. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

So is there no way to adhere it back together - say with windsheild urethane?

I have NO idea what you're talking about WRT how it's put together, but if it's just two halves that need to be put together with some "shock absorbtion" then that black urethane would be pretty strong, and since it's rubber based - it would allow for some shock protection.

Just an idea though - might be quite the process to get the urethane into the pulley.

Rabin

PS - If that's totally out of whack - post some pics of the pulley so we can see what's wrong.

Rabin