Yellow 505 turbo: your thoughts?

Yq397r

I stumbled over this 505 on cardomain while updating my page. It looks like its in pretty good shape. Although I'm not completely wild about some of this guys modifications. In my opinion it would look better with different wheels (the factory peugeot wheels look alright) and the factory 505 grill intead of the 406 one. Other wise its not to bad. Theres a couple other interesting peugeots on cardomain as well.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/710642/1

710642_15_full.jpg

710642_16_full.jpg

710642_18_full.jpg

710642_21_full.jpg

Guest the505inme

Yellow is really nice on this car. I saw it in person last year, but I think it looked better w/ the 505 grill and Peug wheels it had last year. If it were my car, I would have chosen a more subtle set of a/m rims, to better suit the 505.

However, I love the Porche 'turbo' tag on the trunk lid, and the steering wheel is from an mi16, which really sets off the interior.

I wonder if any engine mods are in this cars future, besides the yellow cam cover. :)

I like the yellow, suprisingly its a great color on late model 505. The body of his car is in great shape too, no door dings etc. and I've always liked the look of the shaved door guards and moldings. I didn't notice the mi16 steering wheel either, thats kinda cool. The fiero spoiler works too, I'm just not wild about the wheels.

there was lots of controversy on peugeot-l a while back when he was doing all the mods.

there are 14 1989 505 turbo's with a 5speed tranny, that's one of them.

i was helping him with increasing boost levels, but he was having problems, and didn't seem to want to use any more fuel. so with that being said, i hope he doesn't have 2 (or more) cracked pistons.

i honestly think the lighter colors really compliment the 89 body work. black seems to hide it, though its the coolest color if you ask me. :D

Only 14? wow, i've heard that before but i guess i never really took it seriously. Were 99% of them automatics? Or did they not make many turbo charged sedans in 89? It would be a shame since thats one of the best years for the 505.

And I agree, black is sexy on the 505. I love it on mine (even though its only about 50% black).

Only 14? wow, i've heard that before but i guess i never really took it seriously. Were 99% of them automatics? Or did they not make many turbo charged sedans in 89? It would be a shame since thats one of the best years for the 505.

And I agree, black is sexy on the 505. I love it on mine (even though its only about 50% black).

i think there was something like 40 505 turbo's imported for the year of 89. its sad, the 89 style is the nicest of all the 505's in my opinion. and, torsen diff for the turbo and some v6's!

here is a good comparison of how the colors make the ground effects look different.. notice how the black almost hides it?

pair1.JPG

pair2.JPG

pair3.JPG

(the above are pictures of Keith West's 2 89 turbo 5 speeds which can be found here)

I have to agree about the lighter colors tend to show the nice body lines of the 505. As for the side mouldings on these second generation beauties, it had to go on mine. Just plain bulky, and hides the contour line that is actually there. As for bigger rubber in those wheel wells? Yes and yes, our slection with the stock 15" wheels is limited, but I made the best of it, and am currently running some Dunlops, 205/50/15. They maybe shorter, but that little bit of additional width, as kept the rear of my V6 in conformation. Jeff