1991 505 Radio not working

Just purchased first Peugeot it is a 1991 505 sw8. Previous owner put new battery in radio. Read all different articles but the radio has nothing no power it does not read code. I pulled out checked the fuses and plugged back in and it makes noise but seems to just lock out. We tried leaving on for hour but still nothing. Any help ???

Welcome to the forum!

Is this the silver one that was in Cape Cod? Just curious.

Your stereo needs the code, so unless someone wrote it on the chassis of the radio, or in the glove box, or on any documentation with the car. I think it's a 4 digit code. We used to be able to call Peugeot North America to get it - but no more.

Only other trick I heard was to toss it in the freezer. Apparently if frozen it'll turn on without the code. Seems fishy - but that's what I heard!

Rabin

Yes it is the one on Cape. My son bought it as his first car. We have the code it cape with the car. it is a 5 digit #. Just not able to get the radio to get on to plug code in.

Welcome to the forum!

Is this the silver one that was in Cape Cod? Just curious.

Your stereo needs the code, so unless someone wrote it on the chassis of the radio, or in the glove box, or on any documentation with the car. I think it's a 4 digit code. We used to be able to call Peugeot North America to get it - but no more.

Only other trick I heard was to toss it in the freezer. Apparently if frozen it'll turn on without the code. Seems fishy - but that's what I heard!

Rabin

You guys got a great deal... If I was only closer I would've wanted to snap it up for that price just for the parts I want for my 86' TD wagon.

If all you need is power you should be able to check fuses as that's the most likely cause. If the fuses are good (remove and replace to make sure) you'll need to do some troubleshooting of the wiring harness to the radio. A test light could be used to see if the radio harness has power coming too it as maybe the radio itself is dead.

Rabin