CECC Rallye du Chilliwack - Vancouver BC

Double02

The CECC will be hosting a 1950s style competitive road rally in and around the backroads of Chilliwack on Saturday Sept.18th 2010.

The Rallye du Chilliwack will test the navigation, driving, and observation skills of teams entered as well as their vehicles. It is open to owners of any European car from the 60s, 70s, and 80s which will be placed in one of four CECC classes. Navigators are strongly recommended, but expections can be made.

In brief, each team (driver and navigator in an automobile) will be given a map with only a rough idea of certain check points. The teams are to locate the checkpoints, photograph themselves at the check points, and then meet at a final destination without being late. The team that navigates the best route (shortest miles) wins the rallye.

There will be a nominal cost ($10-$15/team to cover event stickers/maps) and certain requirements (older European car, valid drivers lisence & auto insurance, working odometer, and digital camera).

We would love to get a good turn out - so if interested, please me sooner than later. The cut-off for entry will be the end of first week of September. We have one Renault in the club but could use some more French content. Hope this is enough notice to allow some reasonably local people to make it out for a fun day.

For more information, please visit:

http://www.classiceuropeancarclub.com/even...illiwack-a3.htm

• 2 weeks later...

To dang far away for me... Sounds like a very cool event though. The 504 would be awesome on something like that.

I'm hoping to gather interest in a SK crew coming out for the Spring Thaw next year - but my 504 needs some rust work this winter for that to be possible.

Rabin