Bad Upper Radiator Hose Replacement 505 v6

Guest dchef

Guest dchef

The OE hose which is no longer available has a bleeder in the hose. I will have to install a modified aftermarket hose and bleed some other way. I guess I could just jack up the front of the car to make the radiator the high point, fill radiator, close radiator and then finish topping off through expansion tank. How do you properly burp the system on a 505 stx? Any comments?

I have used a steep incline for some of my cars, and I don't think you would have any problems doing something similar. Just make sure to "pump" that hose with your hand to ensure any air is forced out into the rad. Pumping it by hand, or even forcing it down a little so the rad is the high point should be all you need to do.

Failing that - there may be something that could be made to splice into the hose at that same point that allows you to bleed air as intended. I've made hose replacements using large bore copper fittings for commercial plumbing applications (1.5" copper pipe and fittings), so you might be able to find something that tee's into the hose with the right diameter, with the T being a 1/2" port that you can then solder some brass fittings into that would give you the replacement bleed. Not a lot of selection though - so if 1.5" won't work you're likely out of luck)

Just bouncing ideas around - I'm sure an incline or jacking it up would work fine.

Rabin