Battery Sensor on 505D

brandon

Hello all,

In the past the indicator with battery sensor and my water temp light have been dim on my dash while driving, but recently they are bright and ON. Now my car will not start. I installed a new battery and a new alternator but the lights are still ON> I can start the car a couple times and drive, but if the car sits for a day the battery goes dead. Any Advice on what to check next?

Does anyone know what that battery sensor light is hooked up too? Can the starter motor or solenoid drain the battery, or maybe the ignition switch?

Not sure where to go next. Thanks,

Brandon

Have you verified that the altenator is in fact charging correctly? Sounds like the Altenator still isn't working properly. Can you take voltage readings while it's running, and then running with a load? (IE all the electrical stuff on - then rev the engine and make sure the voltage is over 12V for sure.)

Also - if just sitting kills the battery you need to start checking for a load that is remaining while the key is off. I'd start pulling fuses and checking for draw on each circuit to narrow the search down to see if you can find what's drawing the power.

Once you narrow it down to the circuit - you then need to check the items running on the fuse individually.

Rabin