1000k N9TE torque?

Guest the505inme

Guest the505inme

Yes! I made it from Saskatoon to Toronto in an 86 N9TE 4spd auto. I was not aware of the 1000k re torque.....what are the specifics? Is it a stone cold re torque, warm or what? At the same time, I'll adjust the valves.

So, my 3000k marathon went by rather quickly. I was able to fly up massive hills that tend to come out of nowhere in Northern Ontario. More power, and better fuel economy than before the top end re build. I found that the best way to tackle the massive inclines was at around 120 kph, and get the boost up just before for an effortless assent.

I look forward to my re torque instructions, and any other comments.

glad you got the car going, and that its running well..

i'd love to do a turbo road trip across canada.. the last driving i did in canada was on vancouver island up some super smooth straight autobahn like highway which ran north/south (forget the name of it).. good memories.

what fuel did you use? i was amazed by the chevron 104 (???) octane.. car ran soooo much smoother, and felt like an instant 30hp increase from even the washington gas. (california gas being the worse of course ;))

Guest the505inme

94 octane that I got from shell and petro cananda fueled my trip. I'll try some of the higher octane stuff later, although my goal is more fuel economy than all out performance. My goal is 10 l / 100 km, and hey, I'm pretty damn close! I also know that this motor is cabable of using lots of fuel as well: my worst was a few years ago when I needed an O2 sensor, I was getting 20 l /100 k! Unbelievable from a blown 4 banger!

glad you got the car going, and that its running well..

i'd love to do a turbo road trip across canada.. the last driving i did in canada was on vancouver island up some super smooth straight autobahn like highway which ran north/south (forget the name of it).. good memories.

what fuel did you use? i was amazed by the chevron 104 (???) octane.. car ran soooo much smoother, and felt like an instant 30hp increase from even the washington gas. (california gas being the worse of course ;))

Oh yah, I averaged 11 l / 100 k. I'm not sure what that translates to in mpg though....around 25, right?