Re-cut cam.. new rockers ?

krede

I have made arrangement to have my spare cam re-cut as it has seen better days.

My plan is to have it cut to standard 505 spec as this engine (on paper at least) pretty much have the character I'm after.

Now... I know that the right thing to do is to fit new rockers.. but though these can still be purchased, they are 50 euro a piece!!

I have two complete sets of used rockers, none of which appears worn.......I'm tempted... :)

If there's no sign of wear then I see no reason at all to replace them. Even if there was wear, they can be resurfaced at a fraction of the cost.

You also mention having more than one cam - having one cut to Danielson spec might be fun too have as an option as well... :) I'd love to get an experienced cam grinder to come up with a nice compromise between the two - but that's another discussion all together... :)

Rabin

Even if there was wear, they can be resurfaced at a fraction of the cost.

I haven't been able to find a place that will do that... they only grind cams. :)

My other cam is currently in the car, and has not done much more then 25000 km .. so regrinding it would be a shame I think :)