Oil system

krede

Right.. another question from me.. This time regarding the oil delivery system.

I have previously thought that the pug must be running with a bit more pressure then the murena, and that this was done by fitting a different spring in the relive valve... but now I have second thoughts...

I cant imagine that the murena pump is unable to deliver sufficient oil to a turbo as well.. but has anybody ever heard about the oil gallys in the block being bigger as well ???

Christian.

You could higher pressure just adding things on that spring section.

V-M

That was my plan.. But somebody told me that the internal oil ducts inside the block might be smaller on the Murena engine... I find that very hard to believe as that would mean quite a lot of alterations by Peugeot.

All that's needed is for there to be sufficent volume in the oil system to account for the extra flow to the turbo. So if the oil pump gears are the same size in both engines, then there's enough volume to flow oil to the turbo as well.

Typical for engine builders to specify "high volume" oil pumps for race motors. (They often run higher pressure relief valves, and the gears are wider giving greater flow volume)

So if you can confirm all is the same in the N9TE you've got no problem. If they aren't the same then I'd look at seeing if you can fit the N9TE oil pump to the engine.

I'd really doubt you'd have an issue though - just make sure you tap into the oil system properly and size the lines appropriately. (It's going to flow most in the path of least resistance - so don't make it too big otherwise it might starve other areas.) Whatever the N9TE uses is what I'd suggest.

Rabin