Exhaust diameter

krede

I have been considering this : http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/6-stainless-ste...-sil6-439-p.asp

Exhaust for my project.

A fellow murena owner (and turbo builder) has already bought one.. and it actually looks mighty fine, and would be easy to fit.

2½" ... what is peoples opinion... would such a muffler flow freely enough for about 200-210 hp?

Just like V-M wrote... But my question is with the cost! 190 pounds seems like a lot - after conversion to CDN it seems quite costly. Is there something special about it - or are parts costs just that high over there?

Rabin

Just like V-M wrote... But my question is with the cost! 190 pounds seems like a lot - after conversion to CDN it seems quite costly. Is there something special about it - or are parts costs just that high over there?

Rabin

It must be the last bit... because I thought it was a good price for a stainless steel muffler :D

And as for a 1 m downpipe I seriously doubt I would be able to find the room for it... but then again.. I will not be aiming for 300hp :)

If you will have turbo there... you don't need so much silencer as NA engine. turbo will kill 30-40% of sounds.

V-M

You might be right... and god knows my Murena exceeded the noise legal noise level by a great deal when It was running twin carbs and bolt on filters!! :lol:

But I have my doubts that I can sneak it through inspection with only 500mm of exhaust muffler ... regardless of noise level.. :P