STI wanted

Hello. Back in the day, I drove a 1969 404 Sedan, then a 1970 504, then I drove a 1984 STI and got married and bought a 1982 505 something for her. (My father owned a Peugeot franchise in RI from 1967 to 1985.) Drove them for 20 years. Well those days are gone and I'm tired of the volvo.

I am looking for a decent STI (manual trans.) on the East Coast. If anyone is aware of such a sedan, please let me know. Thank you.

Guest 505alive

I have 2 peugeots that i would be interested in selling a 87 stx 5spd and a 88 turbo auto the latter runs but has problems price for it has been reduced to 500.00 take a look at them under peugeots for sale thread dated june 5 2007. AL.

I have 2 peugeots that i would be interested in selling a 87 stx 5spd and a 88 turbo auto the latter runs but has problems price for it has been reduced to 500.00 take a look at them under peugeots for sale thread dated june 5 2007. AL.

Hi Al, and thanks for your post. I am partial to the 4 cyl., but your stx looks very nice. Can you tell me if the suspension is good, whether she burns oil, if dummy lights are on, etc. Could she be driven to Rhode Island safely, and what do you think she'd need to be a daily driver (well, really 9 months a year I guess).

Also, is she blue or light grey? How's the interior. AC work? and of course, how much. Thank you for your attention. Matthew

Guest 505alive

Matt, sorry for not getting back to you right away, i am not online much, i am assuming you want info on the 88 505s turbo intercooler? the stx is my daily driver currently. the 88 was on the road last year and used daily for local trips it never overheated but started using coolant, i suspect a head gasket? both cars are southern vehicles originally the previous owner drove it to n.y. to me about three years ago or so, i was going to restore it but 2 peugeots was too much for me. there is very little rust undercarriage is fine interior is good cracked dash of course and small crack in windshield above mirror interior /exterior is grey did you see all the pictures? there was a couple threads back there. it would make a great project car it actually runs well but i would not trust driving it that far, all ac components are intact but not blowing cold. i was considering parting it out but i dont feel like having a shell around until all the good parts are gone 500.00 for the complete car is fair. AL.

Volvos never get old!

I own a 1983 STI Fuel Injection, 5spd.

(see sig) and a Volvo 245.

Both great cars.

Dear Al, my apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I appreciate your response, but I think I'll have to pass. Good luck to you though.