mitsubishi evolution 10

august

(source: auto express)

car_portal_pic_21118.jpg

It's a perfect 10 for Mitsubishi. Auto Express can exclusively reveal the Evo X ahead of its debut at October's Tokyo Motor Show. And to prepare the world for the rally bred saloon, Mitsubishi will unveil a concept version of the standard Lancer at next month's Frankfurt expo.

Designers have exposed their plans and released an official picture of the new four-door (second image). But with the ninth incarnation of the Evolution only recently launched, it's a surprise details of its successor are being revealed now.

With sleek, aggressive styling, the next-generation Lancer promises to be a genuinely attractive saloon. But the four-door will only be sold here in hot Evo X form. Cheaper variants are likely

ADVERTISEMENT

in five-door and estate guises, with all versions going on sale in the UK in mid-2007.

The thrilling newcomer promises to represent a big step forward in design and engineering quality. With the benefit of a new platform, the Evo X will deliver a more extreme driving experience than its predecessors, and sharper performance. The firm is already working on an advanced all-wheel-drive transmission which it hopes will better anything future Subaru Imprezas can offer.

Under the bonnet is a fresh 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine, which will be turbocharged to give a minimum of 320bhp. Flagship machines are expected to boast more than 400bhp, surpassing even the hardest-tuned editions of the Evo IX.

sounds pretty impressive but I have never been a big fan of mitsubishi made motors/cars. They always seem to have the most ridiculous problems possible. I've watched a couple friends of mine struggle with them and then in the end give up and try something else. Looks good, sounds good, but will it deliver?

interesting point! i thought the evo8 was a very cool idea. then i started reading articles that seemed to repeat the same thing over and over again.. "after we chipped it, installed a larger turbo, exhaust (blah blah blah), the cluth went. we replaced the cluth, then the transmission went, then they * went, then the * went".. i guess it was built for 280hp and no more.. better to stick with a $100 1988 505 turbo at that point! :)

• 1 year later...
Guest puck_supra

Thats funny cus a few freinds of mine have mitsubishi eclipses (basicly the same engine as the evo only different) and one has put like three engines in it. All in the past two years. And the other one hasnt even got his on the road yet, but he is allwas telling me how much power it can make. I just told him. "Ya my truck makes that muck power right now and it is only mildly tuned". He dose know more about tuning fuel injuctions and turbo than i do. So i asked him what he thouht about the peugeot I am geting and he just kinda blew my off my saying well your car cant handel that without rebuilding it first. So i told him "Well yours cant ether duffus" lol He shut up after that. I hate it when people do stuff like that. so i guess i have to make my 505 or run is mitsubishi. Any one got any sujustions??