how bout this EU 505!!

august

Well, the price of that car is quite high because according to the ad the body has been repaired and painted in 2004 (BMW's metallic black) and the engine has been repaired in 2004 too. It also has some modifications like Danielson spec cam, ported head (with results printed on paper), full 3 inch exhaust, Simmons muffler, high output Walbro 255 fuel pump, slightly increased boost pressure, car alarm and half (?) Recaro seats. And what's an important fact in Finland is that the car has no rust (so says the ad at least). ;-) But it has been driven about 300 000 km too... BTW, the ad says it's a 1986 but in reality it's still the older model year 1985, it's just been registered in 1986.

I don't like that modified front spoiler that much, at least in the pictures it looks like it's too high. With those (how much?) lower than standard profile tires the car would really need some lowering, IMHO. The rear end with custom bumber looks quite nice...

There are maybe about 40-50 505 Turbos in Finland, so this car is quite rare. About 2-4 used ones are sold every year nowadays and most of them are not in a very good condition (usually requires some rust repairing at least). And because of the price of the car rose about $10 000 in 1986 when the facelift model was introduced, those newer models are even more rare...

BTW, I've heard a rumor that those original 505 Turbo seats (older style, not the newer) are at least designed by Recaro? Anything to back this up or is it just a nice rumour I would really like to believe in? ;-D

If you look this car, you'll notice that the price is quite low, 2000 euros or $2500. I think it can go to about 1500 euros or $1850. It's been driven only 134 000 km which is probably the lowest reading you'll find in Finland. Sadly the car has some rust problems (common here...).

I was already about to buy the white car when I first noticed it but I managed to keep my head cool. ;-) I've too many project cars already. :-( But I'm still playing with the idea of buying it if the price would be much lower. ;-) It's been imported from Sweden and has only 160 hp vs. 180 hp that's in 1986-on models sold in Finland. It basically has the same engine setup that's found in 1984-85 European Turbos but it also has an EGR system (easy to disable). I would like to buy a newer model Turbo sometime.

Hmm, V-M already replied to the original message while I was writing this. ;-)

...and once again, aNOTHER car without side moulding, hmmmm..

i kinda dig the lower profile tires, though some wider rims would be nice. i can't imagine a 505 being too track worth with the stock width rims / tires..

the value is interesting though.. 505's are super popular here, but they are very low demand.. i was looking in the local ads here tonight (for southern california), theres a 504 that needs a fuel pump for $99, and a 505 v6 that needs an alternator for $350. Then up in northern california, there are 5 peugeot's someone is just trying to get rid of, 2 if which are the high power N9TEA's! Trevor, myself, and another friend took a trailer up to northern california on memorial day to pick up a FREE 87 505 turbo 5speed. it had a nice leather interior, nice paint, and no rust (didn't run unfortunatley), but was in pretty damn good condition!

the price of parts is getting very high. for example, i tried to buy some small plastic mounts for an 89 505 rear wing, peugeot wanted $300 just for the mounts (why not just buy the v6!) :blink:

If you look this car, you'll notice that the price is quite low, 2000 euros or $2500. I think it can go to about 1500 euros or $1850. It's been driven only 134 000 km which is probably the lowest reading you'll find in Finland. Sadly the car has some rust problems (common here...).

Now that ad is updated and is saying that white Turbo is sold... It took a week.

I don't know how much demand there is for 505 Turbos in Finland. I think 505 is quite undervalued car here, Turbo versions are rare and relatively unknown, so most people are not looking for one... It may be that most of people who are buying 505 Turbos know the car beforehand, have had 505's earlier etc. But after one sits in the 505 Turbo and drives it, there's no way going back anymore, IMHO. ;-) V6 models are even more rare, I think there are only one or two in Finland right now?

It would be great to import used 505 Turbo engine parts (and maybe whole V6 engines) from USA to Finland, if they are so much cheaper and easily available there but shipping costs would make it very uneconomical...