More technical articles on the website

Johnny

Is this site standing still on the article-front? (under 505 tech)

I think it could be a good idea to write some articles to put there about completing various tasks on these cars.

August wrote a nice article on how to remove the Plip transmitter & reciever for cars that have that.

Toni has written an excellent article on how to overhaul the rear calipers on a 505, which I think also could be there. (with credit to Toni and with his permission of course)

Not that I don't think that theres something wrong with having Toni's article on Toni's site <_< , but there is always good to have information available on different places.

I have a vision of that section of the site being like a workshop manual, but written in everyday language and with real pictures of how it looks.

What does webmaster/users think of this?

More articles of course. ;-) I have tried to take detailed pictures of probably everything I've done to my cars in last five years. The problem is that it takes some time to write those articles and time is something that one always seems to have too little. :-(

I think a good approach to gathering articles from different web sites would be to add a link to the original article (with the permission and credits to the original author, of course), not copy it. At least I like to update my articles (for the better, I hope) over the time and it would be impractical to keep them up to date if they are spread over multiple web sites.

When writing repair articles, it's good to use the official workshop manual procedure as a guideline (if available) and add some detailed information and maybe offer alternative solutions (for example for those who are not using special Peugeot tools that some repairs "require").

Ah, I didn't think of that... <_<

I like your solution, and for those who doesn't have an own homesite maybe could have their articles on this site.

Just one problem, if someone finds an article on a homepage that isn't very active, or maybe not active at all (I think your site is one-of-a-kind in this case Toni :blink:).

Then I think it would be more practical to copy the article and linking it (with the authors permission), in case that site disappears.

You basicly read my mind about using the official workshop manual for references when making an article.

It's a good idea but all a matter or personal motivation. Toni is doing an outstanding job on his site and it's a gem.

For those intelligent few who appreciate a disciplined approach like Toni is taking, visit http://www.tomyang.net/ You'll be amazed at the volume and depth he takes. I was so engrossed, I read the site complete non-stop in two days.

Like any good writer, you know how to pace your articles so that you give enough detail but keep the story moving.

I hope to do a Tom Yang type documentation if I do a frame-up resto on my 505.

For those just testing the waters and don't have a site of their own, a forum here would be a good idea. If the owner doesn't provide one, just post them in the tech section. They'll no doubt end up being thoroughly viewed and appreciated by all.