Several Peugeots in Memphis, TN

I recently came across a peugeot graveyard in Memphis, TN. A gentleman by the name of L.H. Watts parked five 504's, a 505 wagon, and a 505 sedan on a piece of his property near the I-55 bridge in Memphis, TN. None are drivable, but they appear to be fairly complete on the outside, though it looks like rats, sun, and the general ravages of time ruined any hope of restoring the cars. There is a lot of good glass and plenty of good body parts, wheels, etc. Mr. Watts also told me he has several Peugeot gas and diesel engines in his warehouse as well.

Mr. Watts is a friendly guy, but don't expect much in the way of him pulling parts, sending you pictures, giving you information, and shipping stuff to you. I am guessing that he's in his 60's or 70's by our phone conversations, so again, don't expect much in the way of him wanting any hassles of dealing long distance. You will probably have to go to Memphis a check them out yourself. This is the extent of what information I have. I wish I would have taken a camera. Again, these cars are ROUGH (dry rotted tires, surface rust, etc.) and they are parked in such a way that you'd have a heck of a time picking one out and moving it. The sad thing is that all the cars were running daily drivers when he parked them. I hate to see the cars go to waste because there are at least some good body parts to be had, so I told Mr. Watts I would post his contact info on this board (he is not very computer savy either). You can reach Mr. Watts at 901-774-0910. I was only able to catch him in the early evening.

If you are passing through Memphis and just want to look, the cars are at the end of Virginia Street in a junky lot next to the railroad tracks in downtown memphis off of Crump Avenue just before the I-55 bridge into Arkansas. You can see the lot in Google Earth. It is not a particularly safe area, so go during the day.

FYI: I don't know the model years. My guess is 1970-80's. Some of the cars had tags that expired in the 1980's. The 504's had the very pronounced hump backs, kind of like a SAAB.

Hot damn.

My dad is visiting some relatives in a Memphis suburb right now.

Do you have an address?

Do you think maybe you could please get some pics of the cars?

Any 505 STi sedan's or turbo sedans by chance?

please get back to me.

oops!

just saw the info i needed!

thanks alot for the info!