V6 modifications

Pugsley

I know they respond well the usual intake and exhaust mods, and they like a better ignition. It's all about getting more air/fuel into it - so the same rules should apply by doing intake and exhaust mods.

Best bang for the buck after the usual stuff would likely be cams. There are some really wicked weber carb conversions as well - but they're big money if you can find them.

After that - then you're looking at forced induction.

Like with any other car - It depends what your goals are, and how much you want to spend!

Rabin

• 3 weeks later...

modified camshafts, enlighted "engine wheel" (the big wheel at the bottom of the crankshaft, with the clutch), 93mm cylinders (100mm cylinders are available too, to get a 3.5L PRV!!), more fuel pressure (4.5bar for me _ stock->2.5bar). For performance parts, you can search as well on the Politecnic website, some Alpines are equiped with PRVs :lol: .

• 9 months later...

I know they respond well the usual intake and exhaust mods, and they like a better ignition. It's all about getting more air/fuel into it - so the same rules should apply by doing intake and exhaust mods.

Best bang for the buck after the usual stuff would likely be cams. There are some really wicked weber carb conversions as well - but they're big money if you can find them.

After that - then you're looking at forced induction.

Like with any other car - It depends what your goals are, and how much you want to spend!

Rabin

What ignition mods would you recommend ? Ive had some bad luck with some aftermarket suppliers in my V8 days.

• 1 month later...

I've had great luck with MSD 6AL systems and the blaster coils.

I run the system on my 505 Turbo and it works awesome.

Rabin

Thanks, pulled my STX in the garage today, I'm going to be working on it, adding a few mods, probably changing the chain.

Did you advance the timing any with these ignition improvements or leave it where it is ?

Ignition I bumped ~2 degrees, and I opened the gap on the plugs a little. You can likely open the plug gap on the V6 more than I did as turbo cars need a smaller gap due to the boost.

Pretty sure MSD gives guidlines on what to use for a spark plug gap.

Rabin