new to forums

I jsut bought a 1984 peugeot yesterday on ebay for my son. We are planning on fixing it up with hopes of running the diesel engine on waste vegtable oil (WVO). I know a little about cars mostly VW's, I race a VW Golf Rally car and work on my wife's VW cabriolet. We are excited to start the build. My quesiton is, is the 505 forums helpful with our 604? I could not find much on the 604?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

The place you want try is a yahoo group called Peugeot-L - there are a few guys running WVO and if you search the messages there's a lot of good info.

If you want to mod it to go faster, and handle better - then this is more suited to that end of things. There might be some knowledge here that would be helpful - but your best bet is with Peugeot-L group.

Thanks!

Rabin

Welcome,

I too have a 604 that runs on vegetable oil. Very well possible, the engine can cope easily with it. But check the brand of your fuel injection pump. If it is a rotodiesel or lucas, it is not very strong so that you should install a second tank for diesel so the cold start can be done on diesel. A Bosch pump is stronger.

Fit a heat exchanger on the vegetable oil circuit that heats the oil with your cooling liquid. When the engine is warm you can easily switch over to vegetable oil.

But when you're using WVO, but sure to filter it up to 1 micron so you won't get problems with your fuel filter.

Good luck.

Check my 604 topic:

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=674