Weak heat.

Pugsley

I have a question regarding the 505s heating system.

First, it seems all my 505s , when I switch to hot (I switch bank and forth, I get hot easy) it seems the heat takes a long time to get hot; and Im talking when the car has been running an hour, so this isnt a question of the engine not being warm enough, rather it seems once you go from blue to red, they all take a long time ! :D

Second, my V6 was a little low on coolant. I bled the system (similar to doing the ZDJL and N9T) and the heat is only mildly warm (it should be hot; I was outside in a short sleeve shirt, its not cold here today)

I bled and bled and the bottle was held up high - I cant figure out why the heat is only mild. My Turbo does much better. Any suggestions ? :)

Guest the505inme

Try a citric acid flush, and make sure you have the hottest thermostat you can get. Iv'e had 10 505's, and they always had hot heat, as long as I had the right t-stat.

Granted, when switching from red to blue, the temp does take a little while to get cool. As well, if you drive in the city alot, don't expect too much heat; it's sustained speeds above 60 mph that really makes the interior toasty.

And of course, make sure that your main fan is not locked on, that will also cause cool runnings.

I have a question regarding the 505s heating system.

First, it seems all my 505s , when I switch to hot (I switch bank and forth, I get hot easy) it seems the heat takes a long time to get hot; and Im talking when the car has been running an hour, so this isnt a question of the engine not being warm enough, rather it seems once you go from blue to red, they all take a long time ! :D

Second, my V6 was a little low on coolant. I bled the system (similar to doing the ZDJL and N9T) and the heat is only mildly warm (it should be hot; I was outside in a short sleeve shirt, its not cold here today)

I bled and bled and the bottle was held up high - I cant figure out why the heat is only mild. My Turbo does much better. Any suggestions ? :)

I HIGHLY recommend the Nissan OEM t-stat for the 505 Turbo's... If the stat doesn't fix it it's likely a clogged heater core that might be resolved with being flushed out...

Apparently Mercedes has a good cooling system flush - but I've always just reverse flushed with clean water and never have run into a clogged heater core...

Rabin

I have a similiar problem ... My 505 takes forever to start generating any heat..

I added some redline water wetter in the summer which im sure doesnt help with the heat...

I also noticed that the mechanical cooling fan seems to be on all the time...I dont want to mess with that

I suppose I should flush the system and replace the thermostat soon... since its starting to get cold here..

Plus with all the water leaks I need all the help w/ the defogging action as possible.

Do you have a part/model number for the Nissan thermostat?