505turbo.com wiki?

webmaster

Hey all, what do you think about setting up a wiki for upcoming articles and HOWTO's.

I thought it might be a cool idea so you can all contribute. If you have something you'd like to document, add it to the wiki.

I guess to start off, does anyone have experience using a wiki (or know what a wiki *for*)?

What do you all think?

Hey all, what do you think about setting up a wiki for upcoming articles and HOWTO's.

I thought it might be a cool idea so you can all contribute. If you have something you'd like to document, add it to the wiki.

I guess to start off, does anyone have experience using a wiki (or know what a wiki *for*)?

What do you all think?

I think that's a great idea. It would be easier than searcing through all the forum posts for information. It would be great if the wiki was organized like a knowledge base, so you could search easily for solutions with a particular system (electrical, fuel, transmission, etc.)

What's the plan?

To write new articles from scratch, submit posts from the forum, or write new articles using posts from the forum?

I would probably say:

1. Convert internal (505turbo.com) info such as articles, and resources (505 spring data for example) as much as possible

2. Collaborate with other sources on centralizing all this data into our wiki

How does that sound? Any way we do it is cool with us, we just want to see the thing get use (both from viewers as well as contributors).

We should also talk about requirements / what all do we want? pdf support? maybe flashpaper integration?

I know there are a lot of resources in pdf format, so should we try to convert that to web / wiki searchable data for easy findings, or should we keep them in pdf's but put in verbose keywords for easy findings.

Just some things to throw out there to discuss.

Also, if any of you have experience with wiki's or kb's, feel free to chip in. I'm either thinking mediawiki or phpkb. Not sure which one will suite our needs best in this situation though. :D

I would probably say:

1. Convert internal (505turbo.com) info such as articles, and resources (505 spring data for example) as much as possible

How does that sound? Any way we do it is cool with us, we just want to see the thing get use (both from viewers as well as contributors).

We should also talk about requirements / what all do we want? pdf support? maybe flashpaper integration?

I know there are a lot of resources in pdf format, so should we try to convert that to web / wiki searchable data for easy findings, or should we keep them in pdf's but put in verbose keywords for easy findings.

Also, if any of you have experience with wiki's or kb's, feel free to chip in. I'm either thinking mediawiki or phpkb. Not sure which one will suite our needs best in this situation though. :D

Tikiwiki (http://info.tikiwiki.org/tiki-index.php) gets a lot of good reviews, but I haven't used it. I only have experience with Typo3 and Wordpress, but they are probably not the best fit for what you want to do here.

George

George

I would probably say:

Sounds great!

I don't have much experience in the world of wiki, but if I can do something to help, I'm in.

Convert some pdf-material to a more accessable form sounds like a good way to me.