cold start injector for enrichment, not only at at sartup...(?)

Guest adegnes

Guest adegnes

...not only at startup :(

What's the flow rate of the oem cold start injector on the n9t?

Just wondering, maybe it could be used as an additional injector on high boost?

If conected to the 1,17bar pressure switch (or any other ,depending on when you want it to "kick in") so that it starts injecting over the switch's limit...

let's say you have a cold start injector that flows 400cc, and four primary injectors that flow 300cc each. Then, in a high bost situations, would'nt the amount of fuel injected be the same as (or close to) using four 400cc injectors?

I guess the injector would stay fully open the whole time you're on high boost, would this be a problem?

hmm...?

any thoughts?

EDIT: hmm.... to make it more durable, maybe the injector could be controlled by the ecu, by tapping into one of the primary injector's signal...

I couldn't find any info on our particular injector, Bosch # 0 280 170 402.

I found info on other cold start injectors though, and they indicate a flow of 100-200 cc/min.

If you want to know, I think that you have to measure it somehow.

It's possible that the solenoid in the injector could be damaged if the injector is held open for an extended period of time.

Cold start injectors are cheap on the junkyard though, but on the other hand if it breaks during full boost, you might spike the engine to death. =/

Tapping into the ecu's injector signal could work, but I have no idea how it would be done, or if the ecu can take the extra load.

I think it's a better idea to but larger injectors, mainly for reliability.

Btw, I think that the 1,17bar pressure switch is adjustable!

It has a little screw in the center of it, that is locked with some kind of glue. If you remove the glue, then I'm pretty sure that you can adjust the switching limit.

Guest adegnes

You're probably right about damaging it when kept fully open for a longer period of time...

There should be a way (with some resistors or something) to make the ECU belive it was only driving one injector, instead of two, or four instead of five.

yepp, larger injector's is a better idea, but it would have been fun to try this, just to see how/if it works... :(