N9T* Head Interchangeability

John

I have an '85 N9T with a suspect head. It was already repaired (cracks) by the PO just prior to my ownership but it now appears to be failing again. I really don't want to get into the engine right now so I am going to try a miracle cure in a bottle but in the event that I do try and fix the motor what is the interchangeability of the heads on these N9T variants?

Regards

John

I have an '85 N9T with a suspect head. It was already repaired (cracks) by the PO just prior to my ownership but it now appears to be failing again. I really don't want to get into the engine right now so I am going to try a miracle cure in a bottle but in the event that I do try and fix the motor what is the interchangeability of the heads on these N9T variants?

Regards

John

They all fits 100%

V-M

• 2 months later...

Some of the shify used car dealers use an additive that runs about $85-100 that will supposedly repair a leak. Ive been told it works , also.

WOW... thats expensive additive (here those cost between 20-30e) :lol: Only welding and needed valve work cost's around 250-300e + sending costs. And thats only longtherm solution.

Those additives are bit dangerous cause thos are reacting with oxygen and is filling also pipes in radiator (not nice in hot countries) and inside heating element (not nice in cold countries). Specially in those engines where is block heating element that is realy destroying that element.

I can only recomend those "REPAIR" additives usage when travel/trip is disturbed and there is no other possibility fix broblem. IMHO

NOTE. I'm not saying at those don't do that job, but there is some unwanted side effects.

V-M