The Iranian 405??

Apparently, in Iran, The Peugeot 405 is still in production!! They are

So is the wagon. Well, there are a few differences...the grill looks different, and they all look like they were modified. But there are also, the classic looking 405's still in production. Alongside these 405's, they produce the 206cc, 206 sedan, Benz E350, and "Samand" and "Paykan" cars. Here's some links...

I have some persian roots, so I guess the Peugeot love runs in my blood :(

Peugeots are the most popular cars in Iran.

Iran Khodro Car Sales

• 1 year later...

Apparently, in Iran, The Peugeot 405 is still in production!! They are

So is the wagon. Well, there are a few differences...the grill looks different, and they all look like they were modified. But there are also, the classic looking 405's still in production. Alongside these 405's, they produce the 206cc, 206 sedan, Benz E350, and "Samand" and "Paykan" cars. Here's some links...

I have some persian roots, so I guess the Peugeot love runs in my blood <_<

Peugeots are the most popular cars in Iran.

Iran Khodro Car Sales

I saw an Iranian film in college: seems they had alot of Renault 5s and Hillman Hunters (aka "Paykan") in the streets. One guy in class (from Iran) said many of the later Paykans used Peugeot drivelines. So the car started as a Brit car in the late 60s, and ended up with Iranian changes and a French drivetrain.