405 Advice

Guest ccm

I have an opportunity to get a 405 Mi16. Purchase price is fine, but the car has 2 issues. One is the speedo isn't working, lower cable I am told. Second, the heater blower motor isn't working. Car has about a 150,000 miles on it. Are the blower motor and speedo cable easy to find, if so where and about how much if anyone knows.

Timing belt also has recently been done, any other things to look out for on the car. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Chris

I have an opportunity to get a 405 Mi16. Purchase price is fine, but the car has 2 issues. One is the speedo isn't working, lower cable I am told. Second, the heater blower motor isn't working. Car has about a 150,000 miles on it. Are the blower motor and speedo cable easy to find, if so where and about how much if anyone knows.

Timing belt also has recently been done, any other things to look out for on the car. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Chris

I've replaced the blower motor which was no problem at all (access from the passenger side footwell). The speedo cable job wasn't to bad either if i remember right (it has been a while though).

Both parts should be available from http://www.westernhemispheres.com/

I've replaced the blower motor which was no problem at all (access from the passenger side footwell). The speedo cable job wasn't to bad either if i remember right (it has been a while though).

Both parts should be available from http://www.westernhemispheres.com/

Thanks for the lead with the link for parts, figured repair wouldn't be difficult to do. My concern was the parts avaiability.

Is there any other typical problems with these cars to be aware of?

The climate control problem is a hassle to say the least. I think your 'supposed' to remove the dash to replace the bunk part, but there is a hack (hole on the drives side of the glovebox to get access).

I think there's a link on the main page of this forum to a 405Mi16 forum, which has quite a few members last time i checked, you might want to check there...

Good luck!