Help With Body Rust

norcal505

:huh:

Sadly, like many old car owners, I am a victim of rust. My case, i think, is pretty bad. I have a rust hole, and patches of rust around my frount and rear windsheilds. Those are the only place with rust. The hole, is right before my hood, next to my passenger side wiper. The hole is right through the metal. I am wondering how I can fix this situation. Could it be cutting out a larger piece of metal, welding in a whole new piece of metal, and getting it color-matched??

Please help me everyone.

It's a time in need for your fellow Peugeot lover :(

the picture i have attached is from the other side of my car.

post-95-1166507238.jpg

Guest puck_supra

Well i know how you feel. My peugeot also surfers from body cancer. Well juding by the pic you posted you will have to pull the frount windshield. ( i am sure you already knew that) I would cut out the rust and get sume Zink in a spray can(also known as weld threw primer it can be found at most auto parts stores) Spary it inside the hole then fit a patch about a 1/4 bigger than the hole over and weld it in place. I would sugest a mig welder. you will peobly have too hammer the patch down slitly after you are dune grinding the welds. just remeber to take you time welding and grinding the more time yo spend her the better it will look latter then jaust a little bondo and some paint at it will be good as new.

good luck let us know how it gose.

• 2 weeks later...
just remeber to take you time welding and grinding the more time yo spend her the better it will look latter

Absolutly true!!

As far as I can see on the picture you will have to remove the front windscreen... witch might not be that big a job if its not glued in place.. but... after years of service the glass might have become "brittle" and crack when you try to remove it ;)

I know this isnt the advise you want to hear, but if you have no clue how to fix the rust, It might be better to ask around for someone to do it for you.

Your car looks very nice and "healthy" ón the picture, so its well worth the extra expence... especially since its a 505 turbo.. these cars are rare!

If you insist on giving it a go yourself, you might consider replacing the entire panel in front of the windscreen (if you can find one).. ofcause depending upon how bad the rust is. Its not that hard if you can find where its spot welded in place... It will also be easier to get the paint to "blend in with the rest" if you paint an entire panel..