Needed 2.2i Air flow meter

brownie

Hello everybody,

I have had a backfire in my 505 SW8 damaging my air flow meter at the air inlet. So I am looking for a new or good used one or a way to repair it. I have the 2.2 ZDJ engine but the flow meter looks, from the outside at least, the same as one from the Turbo versions.

Anyone has a spare one from me or other tips?

Those L-Jetronic AFM are finely tuned for each engine, Peugeot used 1920.34 (Bosch 0280202051), 1920.66 (Bosch 0280202070) and 1920.68 (Bosch 0280202098) on the ZDJL alone depending of the pollution requirements. First thing to do is check which one is yours.

Only a Motronic AFM can be used on a wide range of engines as the flap angle vs airflow transfer function is handled by the ECU.

Can you post some pictures of the damages?

• 2 weeks later...

Still no response from my mechanic unfortunately, but he said sometimes was bent in the mechanical parts. We tried a used one from a Turbo engine, but that doesn´t work. I assume it´s another Bosch number. Next step he would do is trying to replace the bended parts from the original with ones from the Turbo model. At least we assume that mechanically they are the same and the difference in between the number is in the electronics and/ connector. But I am a bit afraid that something irreversible will happen and that I have no flow meter at all afterwards....

Thanks for the hint, but first we are going to replace the distribution belt. It is 10 years old (30.000 miles) and it has been moved a bit. So that has to fixed first before we can really conclude the air flow meter is not working properly. Hopefully there is no damage due to this....

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the air flow meter wasn't the big problem after all. My mechanic reviewed the whole engine because I wanted a new distribution belt too. Apparently he turned the crankshaft over 180 degrees, the ignition 90 degrees. Tuned the valves clearance, changed sprak plugs, cables etcetera and the engine runs as never before with the old air flow meter!