Dingle, dongle, Dangel, 70 Peugeot 504 off-road buggy - $2000

Joe Ernest

Ive dreamed that very swap except with a 504 wagon body.   I figured the jeep ba10 and transfercase behind an XD3T would have made a BETTER Dangel 4x4...

Cheap fun for someone close - I'm much to far to consider it, but I know that Toyota chassis well and it's absolutely bullet proof.

Rabin

I agree completely, I'd even settle for this body:  https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5981973134.html   XD3T, Familiale seating, 4x4......oh, yeah! But the wheelbases wouldn't match.

Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ-80 wheel base 112", 505 wagon wheel base 114" - close enough? I've even got an FZJ and a 505 turbo wagon with bad engine (5 hrs south of here) but ripping off a perfectly good LC body to stuff on a 505 SW body just seems silly.....unless I can find a rolled FZJ.

If anyone has any interest in either, the 4x4 is about 6 hrs north of me, and the SW8 is about 5 hours south. I am quite likely to head south this weekend or the next, to check on my 88 Syncro Westfalia TDI engine rebuild, and my 89 Syncro Westfalia  differential lockerization, F&R. The SW8 is about 1 hour East of my Vanagons, about 15 minutes from my 505 SW Turbo.