89 505 STX V6 In Virginia(Make Offer)

Leregulage

Well folks, the time is here.  After much fiddling about, an many questions to the group's.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/145885083@N02/48L491

The STX  Auto is running well, and for sale . Had to go see that red turbo today in Arlington.

Hi Karl!

The V6 did perfect the whole way. Ran around 80 mph most of the time.  190 miles round trip.

It has less than 140K miles. Was a CA car until 09.

Even working A/C! Not that cold, but working. Zf 4spd Auto. Power locks, all windows work well. She handles, and rides perfect. The rotors are in very nice shape too :wub:

The sun roof is stuck shut. Never messed with it. 

As of right now the speedo in the current cluster is not working, have the original one to go with it. Also many parts, hoses, ect.  No real rust to speak of, just at the bottom of the windshield.  The radio is not working.

From time to time the Power steering still "turns off", must need another flushing. Was converted from ABS, to the standard setup. Works well enough.

The main focus was on making it dependable again. 

I have essentially rebuilt  the main systems on the car. The following is just a brief list:

New:

4 Hole Injectors

Fuel Pump

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Tank Feed lines

Regulator hoses

Coil

Plugs 

Wires

Ignition Module

Crank Sensor(Karl did this one)

Master cylinder

Rebuilt calipers

Brake Hoses

Pads

Hankook Tires

A/c flush, then charge with Dust Off.

Got all lights working

ECU temp Sensor

Gauge Temp Sensor

Belts

Relays

Volvo ECU

She see seems dependable, and willing. ec?url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fok%2Fu

Not the best looking, but ready to go.  If there is any interest, "make me an offer I can't refuse".  

Really wanting to just sell it out right, but trades are always considered.  Need to focus on the other stuff out side for now. Le CX is nagging me to work on it.  

Adam.

WP_20160804_006.jpg

WP_20160804_004.jpg

WP_20160804_003.jpg

We put the red rocket on Ebay. The pictures are all kinda grainy, camera must have had it.Will re shoot it all.  Even put a new radio in it.  The O2 sensor is on the way out, that revving is back after the first start, until it gets warm(1 minute). Have one on order.

Runs perfect other wise.  We did the R152A AC fill. It works well enough.

This car has VASTLY exceeded my expectations in everyway . Pulls like a freight train! Makes a really good daily driver. Trades welcome. I really like 404's, and 504's-etc. Already done 203,403's. Got little interest for 405's.  Any Trabant owners out there that would like to make the step to a 505?  ;)

I could live with keeping this one, well until my license vanishes from all the speeding tickets. "I don't trust my self!" :D

Adam.

Fixed the speedo today, she flickers-but works.

Have been using it as our everyday car.  Really cleaned up nice with a wax, and wash.  The car is amazing, you look down, and realize your going 90....Yet she is so refined.

Solid underneath. Comes with many spare V6 stuff.   Any Citroen GS,2cv,Traction-owners want the throbbing thrill of a V6?  :wacko:  

Adam.

• 8 months later...