1987 505S Turbo Wagon w/problematic motor but amazing shape $1000

rickcjmc

Hey Gang

Heads up on a 1987 505S Turbo Wagon in amazing shape. Leather is nearly flawless, body and paint really very very nice. Has the typical turbo engine issues, currently smoking like a pig, looks like cylinder number 3 is leaking coolant based on plug condition, has the typical relay issues as well. On the plus side, car is loaded to the gills with options, only missing a sunroof (like it didnt come with one). Still on the fence on wether to diesel/5 speed it or not but if someone wants it my partner wants $1000 for it. Egyptians will be in our neck of the woods end of this month so takers should be propmt. Located in Oregon between Salem and the coast. Title, receipts and most paperwork too. Even has new tires. Can deliver locally for a nominal fee. Headed to Seattle in the next 2 weeks to grab a diesel sedan as well if you happen to be up north.

RIck

Hey Rabin,

Sorry, I didn't think to get pictures before I ran it down to Hebo to John so he could access it. I should be down there in the next week or so, so I will get some pictures then. It really is a nice car, we were discussing a swap today and it'd be a toss on who of us would end up with it and sell our car.

Rick

• 1 month later...

Hi Rick

I am new to the group, just found this group. I usually scour the internet to find Peugeots and Craigslist.

Is the 505 Wagon still available or have the Egyptians already got a hold of it? It sounds like the head is cracked the usual thing on Cyl 2 or 3. How many miles does it have and other mechanical condition?

My Wagons interior isn't the best shape and my motor die. I am re building the motor and if your Wagon is in better shape I may just put the re build motor in your car and call my Wagon a parts car.

I am a mechanic and worked for Peugeot for 20 years. I have a lot of new parts from when the dealer closed - Peugeot quitting the US. I also have connections to the EU and can get pretty much anything for Peugeot if Rock doesn't have it.

Thanks

Ingo

Hi Ingo,

Looks like this car is getting a turbo diesel and a 5 speed. I am off to Seattle this weekend to grab a 505TD and I have 3 more sitting in the north part of the state to get as well. If you need XD6T parts, I'll have a whole engine or 2 to use. I know that car's head was just recently replaced, we diagnoised it to a head gasket and my buddy WILL NOT go any farther on a turbo gas motor. I let you know how the other cars interiors are and what thier disposition will be. Looks like the Egytians are being cut off from the Oregon supply chain, I am guessing they pissed off my buddy for the last time....

Rick

Thanks for the reply.

Nice one cutting off the Eqyptians I am all for that. John had an entire wrecking yard down in Corvallis full of parts and I think he sold them all to the guys they are getting gready.

That's an idea perhaps I should get me a diesel engine and convert it.

I am in Seattle on Saturday as well up thru Edmonds.

I could look at any of them if it's near by or on the way?

I had a 68 404 Wagon was so awesome and had to let it go when I went overseas for a while.

If you come across one or a 405 Wagon let me know too.

Ingo

Hey no problem,

Yeah, John doesn't care to deal with people in the first place, and I think the Egyptians just stepped on his last nerve. 405's don't show up a lot, but..... there is a pair in Washougal WA on craigslist, search Peugeot, they pop right up. Guy has a wagon and a sedan

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ingo,

Any luck with the 405's? The car I grabbed last has some nice, but moldy interior in it, but its a sedan. It has 78K miles on it and aside from sitting since 1996, was/is a pretty nice car. The motor is coming out as we speak in the wagon and John moves onto the sedan next to effect the swap. Funny, he said we get to fight over it when he is done! That guy cracks me up!

Cheers...Rick

Rick - I would REALLY appreciate of you could ask John/keep in mind anything of note during the swap into the wagon.

From my research so far going from turbo gas w/4HP22 to XD3T 5sp will leave the torque tube ~35mm too short. Most curious to see of that's true, and if so I'm thinking the v6 cross member might be the trick to move the engine and tranny back enough to compensate.

Updates, pictures, and progress reports are always most appreciated too. :)

Rabin

Hey Rick

Thanks for the update, somebody beat me to it darn it. I was in Seattle all day Sat from 4.30 am and by the time I got back 9.00pm somebody already nabbed both 405' probably another Peugeot nut like myself. they were both dead not drivable.

But I did find a 405 Wagon in nice condition needs a few things but interiror and ext is great. So I am still looking for another Sedan.

John must want one bad!!!!!

I started to rebuild my Turbo Wagon and my Turbo Sedan is next for summer project. don't toss the Turbo engine if you want to get rid of it, I could always use some parts when you swap it to a Diesel.

I am still looking for my Turbo SW8 I had to sell 5 years ago.

I put so much work into it and had to sell. I really regret that now, should have parrked it somewhere, now start all over.

It was a N9TEA 1989.

Cheers

Ingo