16 inch Volk/Rays wheel and tire upgrade

anj

After completeting the BBS wheel conversion and living with the setup for two years I have been extremely happy with performance and looks. After purchasing my STI I am trying a different set up using the discontinued 16" Nismo TE37x made for the Frontier with the Bridgestone RE 11A tires 225 50 16. The advantages over the BBS setup are that the wheels weigh 14 pounds vs 28 for the BBS. The tires are more track specfic and are highly rated. The downside is that the backspace is 5.5 inches and requires a 25 mm spacer/adapter. The Nissan wheels have a 100 mm hub opening and I will have the flange machined to accept the adapter and redrill to the 6 x139.7 which is the same as the BBS. The wheel and spacer will all be hubcentric, The studs will go thru the flange so it will be a spacer rather then a adapter. In the pictures wheels are mounted using the nuts to center and the rear has a 6 mm spacer and will need a 25 mm spacer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67027731@N04/sets/72157631953725971/