rear suspension arms

ahing6

Has anyone ever removed the rear suspension arm from cross member of a 505 or 504?

I have a spare set up on ground. So far managed to get inner bolts to come off but outer ones are a pain to get out.

Not much space to use hammer to tap out bolt.

And what's in the pivot sections....plain bushings or needle bearings??

Can grease nipples be tapped onto pivot area?

Experiencing annoying squeak in rear suspension, not sure exactly where but sprayed all sorts stuff in pivot area with no relief to ..crreaky creaky...

I would check shocks and springs before the pivot bushings. Even check the rear sway bar bushings if your car has one.

Easiest is if you can have a second person bouncing the rear of the car as you inspect under the car. Should hopefully be able to hear where it coming from then exactly.

If it is the pivot bushings, loosening the cross member and lowering it should give you better access.

Rabin

I would check shocks and springs before the pivot bushings. Even check the rear sway bar bushings if your car has one.

Easiest is if you can have a second person bouncing the rear of the car as you inspect under the car. Should hopefully be able to hear where it coming from then exactly.

If it is the pivot bushings, loosening the cross member and lowering it should give you better access.

I agree with Rabin about the probability of where the noise is coming from. I was able to get both bolts out of the rear arm pivots without lowering the crossmember, at least on the driver's side. I never did the passenger side but I don't think there would be a difference. I don't remember exactly how I did it but it is doable.