N9TE charging issues

Guest the505inme

Guest the505inme

I have a faint battery light glowing prob. With a volt meter hooked up directly to the alternator, it reads 13-14 v in the city, then up to 17-18 on the highway. Therefore, it's the voltage regulator, right?

But could it be bad wiring? It already has a new battery, B+ wire, and terms. I already had the alt out and tested at an electrical shop, they said it was fine. Could they have missed the bad regulator?

I need to figure this out soon, need the car this weekend.

I have a faint battery light glowing prob. With a volt meter hooked up directly to the alternator, it reads 13-14 v in the city, then up to 17-18 on the highway. Therefore, it's the voltage regulator, right?

But could it be bad wiring? It already has a new battery, B+ wire, and terms. I already had the alt out and tested at an electrical shop, they said it was fine. Could they have missed the bad regulator?

I need to figure this out soon, need the car this weekend.

strange.. i'm no electrical engineer, but i'd still lean twords the alternator. I can't see how fault wiring would lead to the voltage regulator not doing its job correctly.

where do you live? if your in the area i'm sure i have a spare alternator you can try.

anyone else have any ideas?

Guest the505inme

strange.. i'm no electrical engineer, but i'd still lean twords the alternator. I can't see how fault wiring would lead to the voltage regulator not doing its job correctly.

where do you live? if your in the area i'm sure i have a spare alternator you can try.

anyone else have any ideas?

I'm in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.