resirk? 505

MrControl

sorry, but i'm not really clear on the question. you talking about something like a bypass or 'dump' valve? (which dumps excess pressure when closing the throttle back to the intake tract pre compressor)?

I'm apoligize about my bad English.. i mean the bypass valve.. we call it resirk in Norway..

Do 505 2.2TI have this valve org?

no worries :o

no, the 505 doesn't have this type of valve. the rubber hose which connects the outlet of the intercooler to the throttle elbow is designed to expand when spikes occur to prevent and damage / excess wear to the turbocharger. i believe this method is safe up to 1.17bar of boost according to peugeot sport.

no worries :o

no, the 505 doesn't have this type of valve. the rubber hose which connects the outlet of the intercooler to the throttle elbow is designed to expand when spikes occur to prevent and damage / excess wear to the turbocharger. i believe this method is safe up to 1.17bar of boost according to peugeot sport.

okey.. i apreciate.. but do you have a picture of the rubber hose that connects? because im not sure if i followed you on that..

The reason why i am asking, is that i have installed an K&n open air filter.. and i think the sound of a turbocharged car without an open dump valve makes a cooler sound than the psssh that the open dump valve makes.. but, i am not getting that sound.. so i thought that there were a bypass.. but you mean that the air axpands through the throtle elbow?

There's no by-pass valve or dump valve in 505's. August meant that the material of the original rubber hose is supposed to be so flexible that it can expand (swell up) to smooth down any sudden increse in pressure. It doesn't vent any air to atmosphere. I think nobody knows how well that works in practice but there are other advantages you can get by installing an by-pass valve.

You can read more about adding a by-pass valve from:

Adding by-pass valve

You can also see the original rubber hose in those pictures.

There's no by-pass valve or dump valve in 505's. August meant that the material of the original rubber hose is supposed to be so flexible that it can expand (swell up) to smooth down any sudden increse in pressure. It doesn't vent any air to atmosphere. I think nobody knows how well that works in practice but there are other advantages you can get by installing an by-pass valve.

You can read more about adding a by-pass valve from:

Adding by-pass valve

You can also see the original rubber hose in those pictures.

hmm okey.. thanks for the help..

in other words.. will it might help to use silicone hose istead of the rubber hose..

do you drive a 505 ti?

in other words.. will it might help to use silicone hose istead of the rubber hose..

do you drive a 505 ti?

do you know what the diameter size of the rubber hose between the air filter and the turbo is on this engine? I dont have the car here, and i thought i would order silicone as mentioned

• 8 months later...
Guest adegnes

okey.. i apreciate.. but do you have a picture of the rubber hose that connects? because im not sure if i followed you on that..

The reason why i am asking, is that i have installed an K&n open air filter.. and i think the sound of a turbocharged car without an open dump valve makes a cooler sound than the psssh that the open dump valve makes.. but, i am not getting that sound.. so i thought that there were a bypass.. but you mean that the air axpands through the throtle elbow?

I've got a K&n open filter on my 505ti, at 1,1bar I'm getting ALOT of sound! (almost like a jammering whistle, sounds cool!) wierd that you can't hear any...

• 2 weeks later...

do you drive a 505 ti?

do you know what the diameter size of the rubber hose between the air filter and the turbo is on this engine? I dont have the car here, and i thought i would order silicone as mentioned

I don't think that changing to a silicone-hose would make a difference sound-wise.

In those pictures at tonis site, they are just used instead of the original hose when adding a bypass-valve.

And I think that the rubber-hose has two different diameters.