1982 505 TD

Matt

Sadly I have to sell my 505, so shortly after only owning it since February. The engine in my truck is starting to eat itself and it is my daily so I have to prioritize and fix it (and upgrade to a V8 :o ). That means I need my garage that the Peugeot is currently occupying, and some extra money to finish the engine swap would be nice too.

The car is not running right now because I have the radiator and intake manifold removed (was going to add an intercooler and the radiator has a pinhole leak). I have pictures of everything in the thread here (505) The interior is not pictured but is faded blue with some tears on some of the seams. Also the rear of the headliner needs new clips and the sail panels need replacing.

Externally the car is in great shape. One of the headlight covers is loose and one foglight lens is missing but all the body panels are straight and dent-free and there are only two small spots of surface rust on the trunklid where the paint had been peeled off and the metal exposed.

The engine was running when I parked it to pull the radiator but there was still a diesel leak from somewhere around the injection pump.

Undercar, the front brakes make noise and one of the front sway bar bushings has disintegrated. There was also a vibration at 50MPH but I didn't have a chance to look into that. I had custom oil lines made from the filter adapter to the oil cooler to work with an aftermarket radiator, and they are included as well.

The car has a clean title showing 226706 miles, but the previous owner replaced the cluster so the cluster only shows 1xx,xxx miles.

I listed it on Craigslist for $600 since it will need to be towed, but I am negotiable, I really need my garage space (one car garage, need somewhere to rebuild the new truck engine before I install it).

I would prefer an enthusiast have it, rather than someone who will just wreck/junk it. All the parts I removed (including bolts) are in the trunk along with some extra ones the car came with (upper radiator hose, thermostat, etc).

Here's a link to my Craigslist ad, the car is located in Rio Rancho, 5 minutes from Albuquerque, New Mexico.

5L55E25M73G53Ma3p7c645680f522c29b1d83.jpg