Broke's 505

Guest broke

You have a nice looking 505. :-) I noticed that you have cut a hole to the bonnet for the intercooler. You should install some kind of a hood scoop to get some cool air flowing through the intercooler. The intercooler doesn't help that much if the air flow through it isn't strong enough to keep it cool. As you probably know the original factory setup gets cool air from holes in the front grill and bonnet and the ducting directs it to the IC. There should also be a piece of plastic on top of the radiator to keep the hot air out of the IC intake.

You have a nice looking 505. :-) I noticed that you have cut a hole to the bonnet for the intercooler. You should install some kind of a hood scoop to get some cool air flowing through the intercooler. The intercooler doesn't help that much if the air flow through it isn't strong enough to keep it cool. As you probably know the original factory setup gets cool air from holes in the front grill and bonnet and the ducting directs it to the IC. There should also be a piece of plastic on top of the radiator to keep the hot air out of the IC intake.

Thanks Toni..........platic on rad is missing............plastic under hood is there............grill has the necessary holes............the scope I installed was mainly for venting the hot air from the engine compartment. I need to replace the scope for another slicker design.

nice broke!

is the engine an actual N9TE engine? or is it the low compression N9T with N9TE/A intercooler piping?

:o The car came originally with a n9t.........replaced with a n9te engine.

To my knowledge an:

n9t has 7 to 1 compression no intercooler oil cooled turbo.

n9te has 7.5 to 1 compression intercooler oil and water cooled turbo

n9tea has 7.5 to 1 compression intercooler oil and water cooled turbo

electroniclly controlled wastegate

yup, you got it. (there were some other changes over all between the engines, but yeah...)

EU N9T*** engines were 8.0:1 i believe.

Well..... according to my US manual........it specifies 7 : 1. On the piston, it is indicated, I would have to verify with my old n9t engine.

yup, you got it. (there were some other changes over all between the engines, but yeah...)

EU N9T*** engines were 8.0:1 i believe.

Well..... according to my US manual........it specifies 7 : 1. On the piston, it is indicated, I would have to verify with my old n9t engine.