Website e-mail notifications not working

webmaster

So - after spending hours on trying to figure out why our e-mail notifications stopped - I found this after turning my attention to Dreamhost rather than the IPB software:

http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2012/04/04/improvements-to-outgoing-spam-prevention-policy/

Sadly I had to stumble on it while trying to run some diagnostics on my account. This really should have been communicated directly to subscribers. Read the comments if you have some time to kill - I figured what I wanted to say was already said. :)

Definitely an annoyance, and it sucks, but hopefully it can be resolved once they look at the support ticket I put in this AM.

Rabin

Issue resolved...

No idea why it stopped to begin with, but DH confirmed their anti-spam measures were NOT the issue. (Yeah right I thought!). IPB support checked the logs and discovered a extra SPACE in the address of the mail server. Yup - and extra space... Re-entered the address and it worked. Added a space just to see and it didn't work - removed the space and it worked. YES - I had to make sure... :)

Good news is e-mail notifications are functioning again. Bad news is that my head hurts from slamming it on my desk.

Webmaster