Hard Start

Guest broke

Ok guys, this is for your info in case you experience the same problem;

Changed the injectors on my turbo and the problem of hard starting when cold disappeared.

This due to the fact the fuel in the rail would empty itself out overnight via the injectors.

Changed the fuel regulator and the problem with excessive black smoke disappeared.

This due to the fact that there was 80 psi of fuel in the rail.

I replaced the regulator with a new regulator from a n9t engine (non intercooled).

A n9t regulator holds 7 psi more than a n9te/a, would this cause any long term damage

to the engine or performance?

Please note that these are 2 distinctive problems that occured at different intervals.

As for the check valve, I was informed that Turbos and V6's do not have any. I would

appreciate your comments.

interisting about the injectors, nice find!

running the 3.0 bar FPR from the N9T is no problem at all. in fact, the parts list for the 89 turbo (N9TEA) says that it should have a 3.0 bar regulator, ...and i *think* danielson sends a 3.5bar regulator for their 'stage II' kit.

glad its all sorted! :(

• 2 months later...

definitley check the starter 'trigger' wire like the505inme suggested. if your getting sub 12v when the key is in the start position. check the starter relay, or the ignition switch. i've had this happen on 3 or 4 505 turbo's and it's always been the ignition switch. :huh:

Thanks guys. finally had a chance to verify my ignition switch. Cleaned the contacts between the pigtail and and the switch ..........works with fine with no hesitation..........