Two Peugeot 505 turbo's

Hi, firstly please forgive me as this is my first post and its a for sale post.

I currently have a pair of 505's, I bought them with intention of getting one up and running and using the other for parts. However a change in my work schedule is going to prevent me from doing this. I am a long time French car fan and in the past have owned 205 GTI's, Citroen Bx16v's and 405 MI16's.

Some of you may have seen my ebay listing last week, I have now also re-listed the cars as one listing at a lower price, hopefully they will find a good home.

Here is a link to the listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250875781856&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

Most of the details are there, if you have any questions please PM me.

Really wish I had the time to make a go of these but I also have a Nissan S14 which needs any of the very little spare time I now have.

The cars are located 1.5 hours south of Calgary, Alberta or 2 hours north of Sweetgrass. Montana.

Many thanks Jez

Welcome to the forum Jez - and too bad you have to give them up. They really are superb cars when fully sorted. Does the S14 have an SR20DET at least? :)

Good luck with the sale.

Rabin

Yes its a shame I am not going to have time to get them sorted, my past French cars have been great fun.

The S14 does have a SR20DET in it, currently running about 240 BHP, its lots of fun! I also have a European Ford Capri that my son and I are working on, hence now my work schedule has changed I just dont have time for the 505's.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Hi, this is the update I have just put on eBay!

I have just been out and got it started, with ease I might add!

I took it for a quick drive around town, the turbo seems to spool as it should (I have had many turbo cars, I know how they should sound and feel).

It has a few lights out, probably bulbs as one brake light works but not the other, turn signals are the same story!

The brakes work, but the peddle is low so I guess they need bleeding.

The speedo is not working.

The car drives very well, the front end feels tight and it has no nasty rattles.

In all honesty this will be an easy project for someone, I am guessing a weekends work and this will be a pretty well sorted car barring paint.

If it does not sell this time I will find the time myself over winter and keep it.

I was very pleased with how it drove, as said this is an easy project for someone!

Cheers Jez

• 1 month later...

Hey, I placed a bid on that car on eBay. Sorry I fell short on funds. The car is to far for my reach at this time, if the car is able to be driven back to new York I will be able to make a purchase. Shipping the car would of been a nightmare for my pocket. I'm still interested in your car if it's still available. Let me know, thanx

Cars have been purchased by myself and my buddy in Medicine Hat... I just chipped in to have dibs on what's left of the 88' parts car.

I'm sure you can find some 505 turbo's MUCH closer to where you are though... Good luck on your search.

Rabin