N9TE* dipstick dimensions

This is thanks to Gil Tremblay off of the Peugeot-L yahoo group:

Subject: Re: [Peugeot-L] WTB: N9TEA dip stick or dimensions of one needed.

Rabin,

... 2 inch plastic handle NOT included

24 1/4" overall

22 5/8" from bottom of plastic to full notch

23 5/8" to add notch

and oh yes, my pics suck

Gil

084.JPG

085.JPG

086.JPG

--------------------

Once I find a suitable replacement or if I figure out a good solution for the handle, I'll post some pics of the fix. All that was left of mine was the flat metal part - so hopefully I can find a nice replacement that fits the dipstick tube nice and snug.

Rabin

INDEED! It's amazing how useless the metal blade part is without a reference up top!

I've noticed some nice dipstick kits that hot rodders use to spruce up their engines, and they look to be the old style skinny tube kind so that might be where I start. Not before going to the wrecking yard first though. Just need to find one that fits the tube and is longer so I can cut it to fit.

Rabin

INDEED! It's amazing how useless the metal blade part is without a reference up top!

I've noticed some nice dipstick kits that hot rodders use to spruce up their engines, and they look to be the old style skinny tube kind so that might be where I start. Not before going to the wrecking yard first though. Just need to find one that fits the tube and is longer so I can cut it to fit.

Rabin

I posted this to the Yahoo forum, but I guess it didn't work. The dimensions I used are here:

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?sh...mp;hl=oil+level

I took a universal dipstick from Autozone (I think) and removed the top that was held on with a setscrew and put it on my old dipstick. Sorry Rabin, I should have emailed you directly.

-George

No worries George - I looked through that thread and realized that my search of "dipstick" was the reason it didn't come up... :D

We definitely got it covered now though, and with the pics it makes it super clear.

Now to find a universal dipstick or one off another car that will fit.

Rabin