Euro Plate Mounting

So, I've temporairly mounted up my europlate w. the holder.

I have the dealer plate frame/holder on, but I havent centered it up yet, well fully.

I need to poke a hole through the plastic, as it just barely misses one of the pairs of symetrically located slots.

How have you guys mounted them?

Specifically August, Kevin, and Jeff-well you are the only guys I know who have done it.

Also, as most of you have noticed, the part of the bumpers, with the holes for the plate holders are not facing upward. They are pointed downwards, a problem that I wish to correct.

I want to use spacers to push it up, but I don't know how to go about it.

Want to also see how you all are doing it.

Btw, I put my own philips bolts through it, and got rid of those rubbish 11mm bolts, that were crappy as hell.

I kept the spacers off them.

I can post a pic of what I've done so far tomarow, when I get back home.

-Rob

So, I've temporairly mounted up my europlate w. the holder.

I have the dealer plate frame/holder on, but I havent centered it up yet, well fully.

I need to poke a hole through the plastic, as it just barely misses one of the pairs of symetrically located slots.

How have you guys mounted them?

Specifically August, Kevin, and Jeff-well you are the only guys I know who have done it.

Also, as most of you have noticed, the part of the bumpers, with the holes for the plate holders are not facing upward. They are pointed downwards, a problem that I wish to correct.

I want to use spacers to push it up, but I don't know how to go about it.

Want to also see how you all are doing it.

Btw, I put my own philips bolts through it, and got rid of those rubbish 11mm bolts, that were crappy as hell.

I kept the spacers off them.

I can post a pic of what I've done so far tomarow, when I get back home.

-Rob

I've used the OEM US screw holes (No US plate holder on mine) and screwed the europlate frame into that. It hangs down below the bumper which I don't like, but unless I'd buy some euro bumpers it's never gonna look perfect.

Unfortunately w/ any NA spec european car a european plate is gonna look awkward because of our bumper regulations. i.e. my 88 Audi 5000, it looks OK but not as well as it would w/ the "proper" bumpers.

3rd attachment is how our cars should look :)

post-364-1218982078.jpg

post-364-1218982097.jpg

post-364-1218982561.gif

well, I think the final decison on it will be to poke part of the slots out some more, to make it perfectly symetrical.

then im' gonna get some more rubber spacers from ace and by putting those in, the bumper's hole will push it out upwards, and straight.

It should work.

when I get home today, I'm gonna wash the car, and take some pics